Alphabetical List of Exchanges

  • larry cole
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 9, 2006
      Hello -
      Is there an Excel listing of all
      known US exchanges in alphabetical order
      with town, state available to members ?

      I would like to get the match collectors
      interested in a new category to collect -
      telephone exchange names - and having such a list
      makes it easier to trade.
      Thank you,
      Larry
    • Joseph Singer
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 10, 2006
        On Dec 9, 2006, at 15:53, larry cole wrote:

        > Hello -
        > Is there an Excel listing of all
        > known US exchanges in alphabetical order
        > with town, state available to members ?
        >
        > I would like to get the match collectors
        > interested in a new category to collect -
        > telephone exchange names - and having such a list
        > makes it easier to trade.

        If there is not it would certainly be a good project for someone to
        undertake!
      • Fred
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 11, 2006
          --- In TENproject@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Singer <joseph@...> wrote:

          > On Dec 9, 2006, at 15:53, larry cole wrote:
          >
          > > Hello -
          > > Is there an Excel listing of all
          > > known US exchanges in alphabetical order
          > > with town, state available to members ?
          > >
          > > I would like to get the match collectors
          > > interested in a new category to collect -
          > > telephone exchange names - and having such a list
          > > makes it easier to trade.
          >
          > If there is not it would certainly be a good project for someone to
          > undertake!

          The old TEN Project website had all of the entries in Microsoft Access
          format, which can be copied into Excel or MS Word.

          If the data is still available in Access or in text format with either
          tab, semi-colon or some other delimitation, I'd be willing to do move
          it into Excel, clean up a bit (remove duplicate entries, standardize
          the state, city, and EXchange format, etc.) and post it to the website
          in either text or Excel.

          Fred D