I'm Amazed!

  • perpetr8tor22
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 6, 2003
      I remember when I was just a pup, (Growing up in Southern
      California), our home phone with the number printed on it (center of
      the dial) as TErminal4-XXXX. My Dad's number at work was DAvis-XXXX
      (Carson and Gardena, respectively. I was born in 65, so a lot of the
      old prefixes were already on the way out by the time I could read
      them. Then, about 10 years ago, just to do something different, I
      decided to have the original exchange printed on my business cards.
      That area of Long Beach, Ca was originally HEmlock, and I know one of
      the neighboring areas was GArfield. In my wildest flights of fancy
      did I ever think there were anywhere near this many people who were
      interested in the old prefixes. For years, I thought it was just
      another of my quirks, and mine alone. Guess not. My hat is off to
      all of you.
    • licramv2003
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 24, 2003
        I wrote in another message it would be neat if more businesses and
        people would revert back to the letter and numbers. Like you did with
        your business card. Do you still use the old exchange business card
        as of yet. I hope you do and did not change it back.