Re: (teach) yahoo question

  • foreigner@asia.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 1, 2006
      Hi Halima,

      I'm not sure about your Yahoo Access rights, but pop3 fwd is an upgrade option, i.e. you have to pay extra for it. If you already have done this then you need to contact the Yahoo customer service dept.

      Regards,

      Tsc Tempest DCA
      __________________________
      People's Republic of China
      Zhuhai SEZ, Guang Dong
    • Russ Taylor
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 1, 2006
        --- Halima Brewer <halima.brewer@...> wrote:
        > I wonder if anyone else has this problem with yahoo. could you check
        > and let me know?

        Hi Halima, I did as you asked and have no problems
        opening this on either IE or Firefox. I'm no computer
        expert so I don't know what else to add, sorry.
        Hope things get resolved for you quickly,

        Russ
      • Nelson Bank
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 1, 2006
          > I wonder if anyone else has this problem with yahoo. could you check
          > and let me know?

          Wait until they lose your entire Yahoo e-mail account.
          And try contacting them! And try getting a straight
          answer!
          I haven't dealt with POP since Yahoo and Hotmail
          disallowed in some way this function, and one or the
          other tried to charge for working with POP. It's
          great to pick up your students' assignments from
          different e-mail providers, though, if it'll work.
          Nelson
        • peterneu
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 1, 2006
            I have been having trouble with Yahoo Pop for about three weeks now. I have
            been able to open that "options" page, but it doesn't make any difference if
            I change anything.

            I've tried EVERYTHING -- changing around the Outlook options, having a
            techie from China TCL (my ADSL provider), and nothing works. Outlook
            occasionally downloads some of the mail sporadically, but ALWAYS gives a msg
            that Yahoo does not connect.

            So now I'm just auto-forwarding my Yahoo mail to Gmail.

            Yahoo obviously does not have its act together in China. They seem to not
            know they have to pay off censors, etc., in every city and province. I
            would bet that it is China messing with access, even though Yahoo's sold its
            soul to them.

            I'm going to write to Yahoo that I'm changing over to Gmail. I hope others
            do the same.

            Peter

            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            peterneu2002@...
          • Halima Brewer
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 1, 2006
              well it was working fine on the free service. I wanted to change it
              back. It is ok now, I found the source of my problem.
              cheers,
              Halima

              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 1, 2006
                thanks all for the answers. -
                Halima
              • Halima Brewer
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 1, 2006
                  peterneu wrote:
                  > I have been having trouble with Yahoo Pop for about three weeks
                  > now... I've tried EVERYTHING

                  yes, I've changed to googlemail too. But I found out where all the
                  problems were anyway - all by myself, not from yahoo help. which is a
                  bit like microsoft help - an oxymoron.
                  cheers,
                  Halima
                • John Ridgway
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 1, 2006
                    >> I'm going to write to Yahoo that I'm changing over to Gmail. I
                    >> hope others do the same. Peter

                    I've been solely using gmail for 20 months, everything is free incl.
                    pop,
                    My storage is now up to 2.76 gigabytes, and I've never had access
                    problems (Guangdong)
                    One list member complained about "privacy" issues with Google: all
                    free accounts have similar "issues", Google just happens to be more
                    honest in revealing their policies.

                    If anyone needs a gmail invite, please email me offlist

                    John