IATEFL membership

  • fshdt
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2006
      Jennifer Wallace posted (on TEFLCHINALife) aboutthe benefits of IATEFL
      membership. I join when I want to do a conference and I'm afraid I let
      things lapse between whiles. But the conferences are good and I've
      learned a lot there.

      I have also joined TESOL for the THAITESOL conference. I don't know
      about other benefits but the THAITESOL conference is perhaps the best
      of the TESOL conferences in this part of the world. Again there are
      usually some big names and fertile minds plus plenty of classroom
      orientated speakers.

      MELTA, in Malaysia used to do good conferences but I've not been
      impressed of late.

      Dick Tibbetts
    • Merton Bland
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2006
        Dick Tibbetts muses about some English language
        teaching organizations. I was briefly on the board of
        KOTESOL (Korean TESOL) which still does a great job,
        and we must not ignore FEELTA (Far Eastern English
        Language Teaching Association) which organizes great
        conferences. The one two years ago in Vladivostok
        featured two great speakers, Krashen and me.

        Mert
        Dr. Merton L. Bland