Re: English Conversation Contest for Middle School Students

  • Daniel T. Parker
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 10, 2001
      I am currently using short skits in my conversation classes at Keimyung
      University in Taegu, South Korea, with groups of three students involved in
      creating, practicing and finally performing their play in front of the
      class. Most seem to have really taken to the idea. I have taken to the idea
      of seeing their interest and efforts toward this project... I might stress
      that these are university students, so this seems to be an idea which can
      appeal to any age group.
      Furthermore, I'd like to endorse the following small book: "Conversation
      Inspirations: Over Two Thousand Conversation Topics" (2nd, Revised Ed.) by
      Nancy Ellen Zelman, published by Pro Lingua Associates of Brattleboro,
      Vermont (ISBN 0-86647-094-8), cost $11 U.S. a few years ago.... this is not
      a textbook, but just a collection of several interview, role-play, group
      activity ideas that has proven to be quite helpful in large classes as well
      as individual sessions through the years.
      Daniel