Re: (teach) Vocabulary testing

  • Stephanie Noke
    Message 1 of 52 , Jan 31, 2005
      Hi!
      I just tried Test A 10,000 level and scored only 83%! I was shocked! I discovered it is culturally bound to the US and US spelling only is accepted! It did not accept "obsolescent" as correct - I guess US spelling is different. I also guessed that a hurricane "whirled" - it did not like that. I have never in my entire life used the word "felicity" except as a girl's name but could guess it might be that. Also, unless you know about certain religions, how could you know the word "deacon"? I am personally very disappointed with this test as a non-US speaker of English.
      Stephanie

      Message 52 of 52 , Feb 17, 2005
        You can say I looked. They have made an impressive start.

        john