Re: (teach) drama for grades (primary) 1 , 2 3

  • Glenys Wignes
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 4, 2004
      "�� teaching drama to grades (primary) 1,2,3 - the level of English at this
      school is quite high - does anyone know of any good websites with plays
      etc?? "

      This is a wonderful opportunity to utilize Creative Dramatics!!! which
      offers broad experience in English and is easily adapted to varying levels
      of speaking ability, staging, costuming, props ��� and without a script.

      Easily accessible at this level are:
      Three Little Pigs
      The Three Bears
      Three Billy Goats Gruff
      The Little Red Hen (who will help me ��)
      Chicken Licken (the sky is falling ... ).
      Gingerbread Boy

      Contact me off-list if you wish to pursue this avenue.

      Glenys Wignes
    • Barb Lindberg
      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 23, 2004
        Dave and Nancy: When you give these writing assignments do you tell the
        students they will be getting it back and your purpose for doing this or are
        they left to think it's only a written assignment to be done at that time?
        Barbara Lindberg

        Nancy wrote:
        > I held my first "Intercultural Communication Business Class" here in
        > Finland today and used a worksheet designed to test awareness of
        > cultural differences around the world. I collected these and will hand
        > them back after 8 weeks and have the students compare their first
        > answers to the last. Hopefully some knowledge and understanding will
        > have been attained along the way.
      • Nancy Webert
        Message 3 of 18 , Nov 24, 2004
          > Barb Lindberg wrote:
          > Dave & Nancy: "When you give these writing assignments do you tell
          the students they will be getting it back and your purpose for doing
          this, or are they left to think it's only a written assignment to be
          done at that time?"

          > My students know.
          > Dave Kees

          I told mine after they turned in the assignment....why they weren't
          getting them back until a later date.

          They were turned back prior to the final exam and it was pleasing to
          me that several students commented on the exam paper that they
          reassessed what they had written and could see some personal growth in
          their own attitudes and prejudices re other cultures.

          Nancy in US
        • dk
          Message 4 of 18 , Nov 24, 2004
            Barb Lindberg wrote:
            Dave & Nancy: "When you give these writing assignments do you tell the students they will be getting it back and your purpose for doing this, or are they left to think it's only a written assignment to be done at that time?"

            My students know.

            Dave Kees
          • David
            Message 5 of 18 , Nov 25, 2004
              Hi Nancy,

              I teach a business communication class at a US university where I
              incorporate diversity information and I also teach diversity for business
              organizations. My materials come from a variety of sources and I've created
              some of my own. Now, I'm on my way to China to teach and I'll bring some
              materials with me. Are you interested in sharing materials and successful
              teaching techniques?

              Regards,

              David
              >> Dave & Nancy: "When you give these writing assignments do you tell
              > the students they will be getting it back and your purpose for doing
              > this, or are they left to think it's only a written assignment to be
              > done at that time?"
              >
              >> My students know.
              >> Dave Kees
              >
              > I told mine after they turned in the assignment....why they weren't
              > getting them back until a later date.
              >
              > They were turned back prior to the final exam and it was pleasing to
              > me that several students commented on the exam paper that they
              > reassessed what they had written and could see some personal growth in
              > their own attitudes and prejudices re other cultures.
              >
              > Nancy in US
              >

              > _
              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • dk
              Message 6 of 18 , Aug 17, 2011
                September is coming.

                Counting down the days.

                Will be teaching business English.

                Doing things differently.

                Thinking outside the book.

                First term.

                Project #1 - Lessons using Moodle connected to ESLpod.com. Flip the
                classroom. Study at home, quiz and practice in the classroom. If students do
                well, let them "test out" of the next lesson.

                Project #2 - Reality check. Give students real assignment to call a business
                in English to gather real information from real people, market research.
                Study and practice language first. Review language learned in Project #1.

                Project #3 - "Do you use English?" Students contact my former students who
                have graduated to survey exactly how they use English in their current jobs,
                accumulate samples, compile vocabulary, create lessons and quizzes for
                class. Review language learned in Project #2.

                Project #4 - Alternate reality check. Students develop and set-up own
                imaginative businesses on class Moodle website. Other students call, Email,
                inquire, negotiate, shop and buy from each other's "businesses". At end
                students evaluate each other's participation and skill. Review language
                learned in Project #3.

                Project #5 - "Congratulations! You're hired! The guy you're replacing was
                murdered." Students have to go through stacks of Emails, receipts, records,
                phone messages and other material to unravel a mystery. Review language
                learned in Project #4.

                Second term?

                Hmmm.

                Dave Kees

                Email - DAVEKEES@...

                Chat - Skype:DAVEKEES

                Blog - http://davekees.wordpress.com/

                TEFL TEACHERS

                Insights, ideas, opinions, tips, debates from TEFL teachers around the
                world!

                Blog - http://teflteachers.wordpress.com/

                NOT sent from an iPad