If a student falls asleep in class...

  • dk
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 18, 2013
      There is a saying attributed to Mao but I've been unable to verify it. "If a
      student falls asleep in the classroom, take a long sharp stick and poke the
      teacher."

      You see, I think we're blaming the wrong person for being bored in the
      classroom. We shouldn't first suspect the student. We should first suspect
      the teacher.

      Poke the teacher.

      Dave Kees

    • Michael West
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 19, 2013
        I think Teacher Dave may be on to something here.

        A joke widely circulating in Chinese universities these days is:

        "Some people talk in their sleep.� ESL teachers are people who talk in other people's sleep."

        We all must be the change we want to see in the world.

        Michael West