another conference: FAB4 conference

  • Margaret Orleans
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 17, 2013
      Japan may  be a bit distant and expensive for many on this list, but I greatly enjoyed FAB 1 and FAB 3.  Below is more information, written by one of the organizers.

      --Peg

      FAB4 will be held in Nagoya, Japan this year. July 6-7, 2013. It's a fantastic international conference for researchers and teachers, connecting neuroscience with English teaching. Click for information: http://fab-efl.com

      Here is the call:
      ---------
      FAB4: An international conference on Neuroscience and EFL
      Date: July 6-7, 2013
      Time: 10am - 6pm
      Call for papers deadline: May 12, 2013

      Description: The organizing committee of FAB4 invites interested teachers/researchers to submit presentation proposals for the FAB4 Conference, which will be held on July 6-7, 2013 at Nanzan University, Nagoya.

      How can Neuroscience, Psychology, and English Language Teaching (ELT) inform each other for the benefit of students and teachers? This question is at the core of our FAB events. We are asking teachers/researchers to connect at least two out of the three (Neuroscience, Psychology, and ELT) areas and choose the best format for their presentation. Formats are: Poster session, Pecha Kucha sessions, research-focused presentations (20 min.), and workshop-style presentations (50 min.).
      Featured Speakers: include Robert S. Murphy, Marc Helgesen, and Curtis Kelly

      A certificate: Neuroscience for Teaching EFL is available as an option for participants (additional work required for full certification).

      Please submit the following information:
      1. Presenter Name(s) and Affiliations
      2. Title of proposed presentation
      3. Summary of presentation (less than 150 words)
      4. Format (poster session, pecha kucha, research-focused, workshop-style)

      Submit your proposal by May 12, 2013 via the proposal form at the webpage:
      http://fab-efl.com/
      Also visit our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/FAB.Brain.Days.Conference