Re: learning new words

  • karen
    Message 1 of 29 , Feb 28, 2013
      Dave asks why many Christians (I assume, converts in China) who use the King James English Bible able to generate reasonably correct sentences about anything but in old English similar to the English of Bible verses such as the verse: "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life"?

      Converts often memorize huge chunks of the Bible to recite verbatim. This process of memorization helps to inform their English (whether we would recommend that form or not). Memorization really does work!

      Karen