Texting during movies?

  • dk
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21, 2011
      Of course, we want our students to pay attention to our lessons and we feel
      that they are not paying attention when they text. Also students are always
      clamoring to watch a movie in class.

      Sometimes when I finish my lesson early and have some extra time I will show
      a portion of a movie to the students. This is what they are always begging
      for. They will pay attention, won't they? Will they text?

      I'm surprised that some of them just tune out of the movie and go to their
      phones. How weird is that? Apparently it is complete normal amongst the
      general populace: http://goo.gl/yGgrW

      I'm not saying that we, as teachers, should accept it. I'm just saying that
      it appears to be normal human behavior.

      Dave Kees