Radio Diaries

  • karenstanleyma
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2010
      Thanks to a colleague, I've come across Radio Diaries (from National Public Radio, NPR, in the US).
      http://www.radiodiaries.org/

      These stories include audio (can be downloaded) and transcripts, and many include links to other resources on the same topic.

      Of course, they can be used for higher level listening, comprehension, discussion and reading as is.

      There are also instructions for how an individual can carry out his/her own interview.

      My colleague has taken segments from some of them and removed individual words and phrases - language that he wants his students to listen for - and then used this format to have them listen and fill in the blanks.

      Karen