Re: (teach) Re: 'The Wonder Years'

  • Roger Borseth
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 30, 2008
      > Nancy Webert <sewbirdchina@...> wrote:
      > We just watched a few at:
      > http://www.fanpop.com/spots/the-wonder-ears/videos/filter/full+episode
      > They are marvelous ... clear pronunciation, repetitive vocabulary
      > words, simple stories.
      > Now I need to learn how to download a few favorites. Simple
      > instructions anyone?

      Hi

      I went there to download a few as I too remember those years: But to
      my dismay all I got was the video with music as a background and NO
      dialog. What a shame I certainly could have used some of those
      episodes with my classes.

      I find that the language in more recent videos is not realy
      appropriate for young children and refuse to use them. The language in
      videos from the 40's =the 60's is much clearer and appropriate to use
      in class.

      Peace and Unity

      Roger
    • Pete Marchetto
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1, 2008
        Sorry, I seem to have made people enthusiastic for something they can't lay their hands on here.

        I assume that the series are available in DVD form back in our homelands but the only way I know of getting it here is to use uTorrent which, while it works quite wonderfully I'm told, is strictly illegal and no one should consider doing it.

        A bit of internet research will tell you precisely what not to do so you don't make a terrible mistake and download them accidentally.

        Pete

        Video:
        http://www.youtube.com/petemarchetto

        ******