File - >>> List Help

  • TEFLChina@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 1, 2008
      Hi All

      FEEDBACK

      When one of your posts is rejected that you feel should
      have been approved, please email me the *rejection note
      including the rejected message and your thoughts about it*:

      karen.stanley at cpcc dot edu

      Thank you for helping us improve.

      LIST RULES
      ----

      1. *Friendliness first* - write politely - this is a public forum -
      avoid attacking. Email stings too easily. Resolve list conflicts
      privately. Email list feedback to: roger at teflchina dot org
      - I care and need your feedback, positive and negative. Thanks!

      2. Sign your real name.
      Sign your posts with your real name (family name may
      be omitted if you show it in your From line). This is
      common sense but some new listers haven't known. Done :-).

      3. Subject lines. Be specific and informative. Example:

      Subject: Test, 3 minute interviews <--(teach)

      Subject: Hangzhou, Zhejiang Uni. summer job <--(job)

      Subject: Mandarin on the train <--(life)

      Be on topic; rethread to other list if necessary:
      * teflchina@yahoogroups.com - discusses teaching
      * teflchinajob@yahoogroups.com - discusses jobs/employment issues
      * teflchinalife@yahoogroups.com - discusses all the rest

      4. In replies, quote just a few relevant lines and reply below them.
      D e l e t e b o t t o m q u o t e s

      5. Copyrights count. You may summarize other's copyrighted
      materials, news articles, etc. and or quote briefly if
      you give full references. Please add your own relevant
      material/perspective/experience. DO NOT post in full
      copyrighted material without permission.

      6. Get the author's permission before forwarding email to the list
      and indicate that you have, at beginning of post. A brief
      intro is nice, too.

      7. Plain text only. No HTML messages or attachments.
      You may upload relevant photos or other files at
      http://wikigogy.org/Special:Upload
      Put a note on the wikigogy page saying it is related to the
      email list or else it might get deleted. Then put a link
      to your wikigogy file in your message to the list.

      8. No cross-posting; do not post the same message to more than
      one of the lists in our field *at one time*. Members have already
      seen it!

      9. Reporting professional misconduct or fraud.
      Posts reporting professional misconduct or fraud may
      not give the identity of the perpetrator nor, unless
      it is yourself, the name of the victim. You may post
      about the misconduct or fraud as a warning to list
      as follows: The names of persons or schools[1] may not
      be given in such context, City names however may.
      o Or, to give names, try: Nate's China School Review:
      http://chinaschoolreview.net
      [1] Onlist you may mention a school by name and say
      there is a "negative" or a "positive" review on it at
      Nate's China School Review and give the URL.

      10. No advertising.
      Job opening and professional announcements *are* welcome
      (when *informative*) on TEFLChinaJob. please put the
      city, province and name of school in the Subject line of
      job offers.

      POST
      ----

      Everyone is encouraged to post - questions, answers,
      ideas, comments, China experiences, etc!

      We are 3 lists, discussing,

      TEFLChina@yahoogroups.com
      (teach) teaching issues - classroom techniques, problems, tips,
      lesson plans, materials, Q&A on teaching.

      TEFLChinaJob@yahoogroups.com
      (job) job issues - profession, job openings, contracts, Q&A
      on employment issues.

      TEFLChinaLife@yahoogroups.com
      (life) all the rest - language, food, travel, stories, learning
      Chinese, your life in China, politics (*lightly*),
      computers, your stuff.

      Know the List Rules (above) before you post

      UNSUBSCRIBE
      -----

      To unsubscribe, send a blank email to:
      All three addresses can go in one email's to line, separated by commas.
      + then reply to the *confirmation requests* yahoogroups sends you.

      If that does not work, email: karen.stanley at cpcc dot edu, explain, and
      include any error messages yahoogroups sent you, including its full
      headers. the headers provide details that improve my ability to help you.
      To get the full headers, you may need to adjust your email client's
      preferences.

      SUBSCRIBE
      ----

      To subscribe, send a blank email to:
      teflchina-subscribe@yahoogroups.com,
      teflchinajob-subscribe@yahoogroups.com,
      teflchinalife-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      all three addresses can go in one email's to line, separated by commas.
      + then reply to the *confirmation requests* yahoogroups sends you.

      CHANGE YOUR ADDRESS?
      ----

      Unsubscribe from your old address. Then subscribe from your new address.

      ARCHIVES
      ----

      (teach) http://yahoogroups.com/messages/teflchina
      (job) http://yahoogroups.com/messages/teflchinajob
      (life) http://yahoogroups.com/messages/teflchinalife

      WIKIGOGY
      * List Rules -----------------> http://wikigogy.org/TEFLChina

      TEFLChina
      ~ Teachers of English as a Foreign Language in China ~

      h a v e f u n!

      Karen Stanley, List Owner:

      karen.stanley at cpcc dot edu

      _o_ ~
      c(___)/` U List Help - updated 2007.09.29

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 1, 2008
          [Mod Note -- since Don's problem is obviously specific to his computer or yahoo groups membership and is not related to this list, anyone who may be able to assist him should contact him directly, and not via the list. Thanks]

          --- TEFLChina@yahoogroups.com wrote:

          > Thank you for helping us improve.>>>>>>>

          Hi Karen (no problem except:)

          I had some PC problems about a week + ago. This is now corrected but my posts
          are not showing up MY list(s). Same with the life, job & unmod groups.
          Apparently they show up to everyone else as I get reference answers and all
          other posts. I don't know if the problem is on my end or Yours? Maybe I should
          unsubscribe and then resubscribe? Any idias?

          Thanks,
          Don Williamson

          [Mod Note -- since Don's problem is obviously specific to his computer or yahoo groups membership and is not specific to this list, anyone who may be able to assist him should contact him directly, and not via the list. Thanks]

          http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
        • TEFLChina@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 10 , May 1, 2008
                Hi All

                FEEDBACK

                When one of your posts is rejected that you feel should
                have been approved, please email me the *rejection note
                including the rejected message and your thoughts about it*:

                karen.stanley at cpcc dot edu

                Thank you for helping us improve.

                LIST RULES
                ----

                1. Write with kindness. Messages containing an attacking tone
                will be rejected. Resolve personal conflict privately.