Sharing ideas

  • Katherine Lea Robert Vlcek
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2001
      This is my first posting to the list. I jave been in
      Beijing for several months now at Beijing-USA College
      of English which is near the centre. I am teh
      co-ordinator for an Australian Foudation Studies
      program which prepares students for study in western
      universities. I am beginning to feel a little isolated
      and am wondering if there are any formal or informal
      forums in Beijing where teachers can get together (in
      person) to discuss ideas and have workshops on
      teaching tehcniques and show lessons etc. I know when
      I was working in the Czech Republic several years ago
      there was a local organisation which ran seminars and
      small conferences every month. This allowed both
      native and Czech English teachers the chance to get
      together and exchange ideas.

      If there is no such organisation or arrangement would
      teachers in Beijing (or elsewhere) be interested in
      developing one? We could possible register with TESOL
      and form our own Branch - or is there a China TESOL
      already.

      I don't think we need money - just a little time and a
      little enthusiasm - I am sure I could get a classroom
      here if we wanted.

      Katherine Lea
      Unilearn Co-ordinator
      Beijing USA College of English

      http://entertainment.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Entertainment
      - Feeling a little bored? Need some entertainment?