Teacher diaries / reflective journals - advice for references / examples

  • Alexander Sokol
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 15, 2010
      Dear Colleagues

      We are about to start a Nordic-Baltic project on supporting teachers interested in introducing a thinking dimension in their work. A part of the project will be connected with teachers writing diaries / reflective journals. I've got a few questions to you in this connection:

      - do you know of any examples of teacher diaries / journals? I am especially interested in those teachers manage to keep up for a long time (a year and more)
      - can any of you lead me to any research articles / books / reports on teachers writing diaries when introducing innovations?

      Many thanks in advance

      Alexander

      *********
      Dr Alexander Sokol
      TA Group, Latvia
      (teaching, teacher training, research & consulting)

      email: alexander.sokol@...
      phone: +371 29486240   fax: +371 67402861

    • Ray Parker
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 15, 2010
        Hi - I don't know how helpful this will be or, indeed, if you're miles ahead of this level of research already but if I were you I'd be looking up Kathleen Bailey and Lynette Murphy O'Dwyer.

        Hope this helps.

        Ray Parker

        25 Wick Hall
        Furze Hill
        Hove BN3 1NF UK

        Tel.: 00 44 1273 728114
        Fax: 00 44 1273 728114

        Mobile: 00 44 7774 201217

        Email:  ray.parker@...

        email: alexander.sokol@ thinking- approach. org

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 15, 2010
          P.S. I think it would also be useful to contact Cambridgeesol and find out a) if, as far as they are aware, anyone has been using their eportfolio facility for keeping a reflective journal and b) whether such material could be made available.

          Cheers,

          Ray

          Ray Parker

          25 Wick Hall
          Furze Hill
          Hove BN3 1NF UK

          Tel.: 00 44 1273 728114
          Fax: 00 44 1273 728114

          Mobile: 00 44 7774 201217

          Email:  ray.parker@...

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 15, 2010
            Dear Alexander,
            Kathy Bailey has done research on reflective journals. She has published them in various books and journal articles. One of the books is "Voices from the language classroom".

            Kind regards,
            Elba

            Elba Debat
            Facultad de Lenguas
            Universidad Nacional de Cordoba
            Argentina
            elbadebat@...

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 16, 2010
              Dear Ray and Elba

              Thanks a lot for your suggestions.
              I've already got in touch with Prof Bailey.

              Alexander