RE: [TDSIG] Re: how do you feel about closing this yahoo group?

  • Wendy
    Message 1 of 11 , May 1, 2010

      Hi there … the YLT Sig now has 700 odd members but when there is a discussion only about 6-18 people are ever active participants … the vast majority are ‘lurkers’ … it’s not a bad thing at all … most (we think) of the YLT Sif discussion group members are L2 speakers of English and just enjoy reading the postings (I’ve had many conversations with ‘lurkers’ in various parts of the world) … so personally I’d stick to what you know and keep going with discussions … maybe also invite other Sigs to join yours when you have one organised, that’s worked well for us too … I’m not sure if Dennis is a TD Sig member but I’ve copied him in as he’s YLT Sig discussion moderator and he might share some ideas with you … Iskra is shadowing Dennis …

      Just my tuppence worth … but gut feeling don’t give up … bfn, Wendy