October discussion: the role of teachers in the 21st century

  • duncanfoord
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 25, 2009
      Are teachers still vital for the learning process or are we gradually becoming redundant in the flashy company of visual interactive wonders that are on offer? The TD sig conference in Barcelona in February will be addressing this question, so we thought it would be a interesting to get some discussion going on this subject from members. Has anyone experienced or noticed a change in their role over the last 5 years, a change that has maybe been influenced by social networks, web 2.0, on line learning, the internet or whatever? Are these changes minor adjustments to the same old essential teacher role or are we on the cusp of a more fundamental shift in the nature of our work?