Literature for teaching Enliglish

  • M. Iqbal
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2007
      Dear Colleagues

      I create my own poems and songs to use in the classroom. The level is
      tertiary. I feel that poems and songs for teaching purposes are increasingly
      becoming the focus of world teachers and a new genre of literature for
      language teaching is coming into being. Literature in the classroom is a
      motivating and enthusiastic according to classroom my experience. Curriculum
      is
      considered hindrance but teachers should know how to remove it within its
      existence. We can choose and choice the literature or create new one that
      conforms to our curriculum and quadruple the interest and motivation in the
      class. Before selecting the literature we have to be very much careful about
      the level of the students and the environment where you teach.

      Muhammad Iqbal
      Pakistan

      English Poet and Teacher

      Membership Officer GISIG (iatefl)