TD/GI Event in Sussex in February

  • colin mackenzie
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 13, 2005
      Dear Colleagues

      I'm just getting in touch to draw your attention to a forthcoming joint
      event that being held by GISIG and TDSIG. The attached document
      contains
      full details (including a registration form and speaker proposal
      form), but
      the brief details are:

      Event title:
      Development and Internationalism: international and global influences
      on our
      teaching

      Venue:
      Sussex Language Institute, University of Sussex

      Date:
      Saturday 11th March, from 9.30 am to 5 pm

      Context:
      Teaching English involves teaching a language which is used globally;
      teaching English is also an international occupation. Many people have
      learnt much about themselves while teaching in an international context
      (whatever that is) and/or interacting with people from different
      contexts
      and cultures. The very act of teaching a world language involves
      interacting
      with international and global influences.

      We are going to look at how living and working in, or interacting with,
      international and global contexts has led to our personal and
      professional
      growth and development. By sharing personal experiences, theoretical
      analysis and the exchange of practical ideas, we will explore the
      varied
      international and intercultural paths we have taken. We will ask what
      we
      have learned, with the aim of learning something more about the paths
      we are
      to take in the future.

      Plenary Speakers:
      Professor Michael Eraut (University of Sussex)
      Tessa Woodward (President IATEFL)

      Cost:
      £30 for TD/GI SIG Members
      £35 for Non-members
      £15 for students
      (includes tea, coffee and a buffet lunch)

      Contacts for speaker proposals (deadline 31/1/06):
      Jennifer Book:  J.B. Book@... or Sandra Piai:
      S.M.Piai@...

      Further details:
      J.B.Book@... or enquiries@... .

      Hope to see you there and apologies for cross-postings

      Best wishes

      Graham Hall (GISIG Coordinator)
      Colin MacKenzie (TD Coordinator)
    • Elka Todeva
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 14, 2005
        Sounds great. I wish I could join you - it happens to be on my birthday,
        besides!!!

        That will be a great opportunity to share at a deeper level indeed. Maybe
        you can offer a summary for those unabale to attend,
        elka

        Date:
[...]

        Any views expressed on this list are of the person posting them. They are
        not necessarily views held or shared by IATEFL or the TDSIG.

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        Visit your group "TDSIG" on the web.