Getting going again

  • Graham S Hall
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2004
      Dear all

      As the new TD Discussion List moderator (lucky me), I thought I should try
      to get things going a little. However, as many people will either be on
      holiday or busy with Summer Schools at the moment, I thought I'd spend the
      next few weeks gathering ideas for what people would like to look at and
      discuss, and try to get a discussion going in September.

      In addition to any general postings people would like to put up about their
      experiences in this area, things we could do are refer to and comment on
      websites/online articles, have different people host a focused discussion
      etc etc. I have one or two ideas myself, but does anyone else have a burning
      issue related to TD that they would like to discuss, has anyone spotted an
      article which would be a starting point for discussion, or do you have any
      other ideas that we could pursue? If so, either email me directly or the
      list more generally, and I'll collate suggestions over the next few weeks.

      On another note, I would also like to expand the membership of this
      discussion list, so if you know of anyone who is interested in TD, maybe you
      could persuade them to join.

      That's all for now - I expect I'll be flooded out with ideas (!).

      cheers

      Graham
    • smp6@st-andrews.ac.uk
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 6, 2004
        Hi Graham

        Nice to see your name in my inbox!

        Sounds like you've got loads of good ideas, just as well as your 'flood' will
        probably turn into a 'trickle'! Phil Quirke's website might be a good place to
        start (pquirke@...), don't have the URL at the mo as am between jobs and
        taking things easy. Haven't looked at it lately, but I think it was part of
        his
        PhD project and it was quite good for devt at one time. If you email him you
        can say I mentioned his name. I actually promised him an article two years
        ago, but..... it's still in the pipeline! Also we could maybe discuss an
        article in the TD Newsletter each time that comes out. (That's in the
        pipeline, too, but am getting there.)

        In fact, that's one of the reasons for the email - I wondered if you'd
        contribute your 'top ten' books related to personal and/or professional
        development. It's a good way to introduce yourself to TD members and get your
        name known. I've also asked Matt to contribute something for the same reason.
        Could you let me have them by this weekend?

        I'm finally leaving St Andrews next Monday. I should have started work at
        Sussex last Thursday, but am on sick leave - good start! I'm heading for
        Liverpool on the Monday as St A - Brighton is a long drive in one go. I'll be
        staying with Anna, and we're going out on the town with Jorge that evening, so
        I'm sure we'll have a drink or ten for you.

        Speak to you soon.

        Sandra xx

        University of St Andrews Webmail: http://webmail.st-andrews.ac.uk