Poll results for TDSIG

  • TDSIG@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10, 2003
      The following TDSIG poll is now closed. Here are the
      final results:

      POLL QUESTION: This poll replaces the earlier one, but
      is concerned with the same theme,
      teaching standards in ESL/EFL.

      At the moment, standards within the UK
      and in some countries abroad are
      monitored by the British Council. They
      operate an accreditation scheme which
      is largely cosmetic in that it has no
      real power to demand change. It can
      only award or hold back accreditation.
      Is that enough? Are there clear enough
      guidelines about what makes a "good"
      teacher? Do we want such standards??
      You decide.

      The poll will remain open for a couple
      of weeks, please vote. If you wish to
      add to the debate, please post your
      message to the list.

      CHOICES AND RESULTS
      - Yes, there are clear standards governing the teaching of English as a foreign language., 0 votes, 0.00%
      - No, there are no clear standards governing the teaching of English as a foreign language., 1 votes, 25.00%
      - I believe that there is no need to create standards governing the teaching of English as a foreign language., 1 votes, 25.00%
      - I believe that there is a need to create standards governing the teaching of English as a foreign language., 1 votes, 25.00%
      - Due to the nature of our profession, it would be impossible to create standards governing the teaching of English as a foreign language., 1 votes, 25.00%

      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TDSIG

      http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/