Re: [TDSIG] Inside Teaching

  • Glynnis McCourt
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2003
      Black isn't a colour. White isn't a colour. Therefore black is white.
      ?
      Glynn
      >>> diarmuidfogarty@... 01/23/03 07:57 AM >>>
      I was interested to read on page 5 the idea that most of the elements of
      language teaching are resistant to systemisation and therefore cannot be
      proscribed. I was also interested to see Donald Freeman's development of
      this idea (on page 6) which can be summarised as:

      1. Language learning theory is largely hypothetical.
      2. Therefore langauge teaching theory is also largely hypothetical.
      3. Therefore there are no absolutes with which we can define good teaching
      practie.

      Any comments on any of these assertions?

      Diarmuid

      Any views expressed on this list are of the person posting them. They are not necessarily views held or shared by IATEFL or the TDSIG.