Re: [TDSIG] Post conference thoughts

  • Glynnis McCourt
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1 1:26 PM
      Yep - thinking of trying to get portfolios for computer classes: on disc. Problems are 1. ensuring students have discs and always bring them (I will buy the discs and keep them librarian-style, I think) 2. the class I was going to try it with now have another teacher - so I will try and do something with the class Diarmuid was teaching, but it is really too late in the day. I could trial some ideas I suppose and will ask the students for suggestions.

      >>> diarmuidfogarty@... 03/29/02 22:20 PM >>>
      The IATEFL conference has come and gone and in its wake there are some issues worth throwing about for a while. One of the main things would be to find out what we can do to the list in order to get it up and running as successfully as possible. The TTEd SIG apparently has a weekly topic that people are asked to post about. Does anybody have any other suggestions for how you'd like to see the list develop? Incidentally, if you know of any colleagues who might like to join the list, tell them to feel free.

      Another point worth raising again would be the whole Portfolio thing. The TD SIG pre conference event was about portfolios, both teachers' and students'. What experiences do others have of portfolios? Are they worth the effort that they require? What tips would you give somebody who was thinking of implementing a portfolio system in their classroom? I have a real interest in the latter as I am thinking of trying it out when I go back to work after the Easter break. So, any thoughts would be welcome.

      Finally, would anyone who went to the IATEFL conference like to share their thoughts on it all, good or bad? And if anybody has anything else they'd like to kick around the public arena, post away...

      [Non-text portions of this message have been removd]

      Any views expressed on this list are of the person posting them. They are not necessarily views held or shared by IATEFL or the TDSIG.