Attitudes to Use of L1 and Translation in Second Language Teaching and Learning

  • Michael Druce
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21, 2012

      -Dear SIG Member

      Following my research on the above topic, carried out in the Autumn of 2011, the delay in disseminating the findings has been due to heavy coursework activities in the Spring semester.
      To those who participated, I again express my sincere gratitude for your time and enthusiasm.
      For those interested, I draw your attention to a short publication with some of the key findings. The article can be seen in the Liaison Magazine,  June 2012, Issue 7, page 30.
      The article can be accessed online simply by entering the website http://www.llas.ac.uk/    , and entering into Liaison and the details given here.
      I shall be submitting my dissertation in August with the full data, and the intention is to publish more complete information subsequently.
      In any case, it may, at some stage,be possible/appropriate to enter parts of the information into a format which can be sent online to interested parties.

      Best wishes
      Michael Druce