How to Organize a Conference on Extensive Reading

  • tomleseelleur
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4, 2011
      I would like to organize an international conference in the UAE targeting all those who have a professional interest in Extensive Reading. What sort of time management is required as this is a big undertaking and it would add greatly to teacher development in the field of reading as well bring together a lot of like minded educators. Who would members recommend as invited speakers (if they were willing and available?) I was thinking of having this conference in 2013. How much is reasonable to charge and how many days should it be? Thank you to all members for any advice.
    • Juliet du Mont
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 4, 2011
        Hi Tom,

        Off the top of my head I'd suggest inviting some of those speakers involved in the IATEFL Brighton symposium Writing Language Learner Literature convened by Alan Maley; also members of the Extensive Reading Foundation.  But probably you've thought of these already.

        Best of luck - great idea!

        Juliet

        To: TDSIG@yahoogroups.com
        From: tomleseelleur@...