One more Question

  • FuchssF@aol.com
    Message 1 of 14 , May 7, 2006
      Hello,
      I asking following question for a friend of mine.

      He found a sire bred or send to Argentine named Starlight (1942), but
      unfortumately no Dam or Sire is mentioned, even at Pedquery. He had at least one
      daughter named Puyanita o/o Puya and the damline is unknown now.

      Can someone help him, especially from South America?

      He would be very grateful for any information.

      Best regards from Germany

      Bettina

    • Tim Cox
      Message 2 of 14 , May 8, 2006
        Bettina

        Starlight was born on 20th October 1942 in Argentina. He was by Waterbird
        out of Gladiola, who was by Teetotaler out of Almansa. (Source; Argentine
        Stud Book, Volume XVII, p271)

        Tim

        on 7/5/06 19:51, FuchssF@... at FuchssF@... wrote:

        Hello,
        I asking following question for a friend of mine.

        He found a sire bred or send to Argentine named Starlight (1942), but
        unfortumately no Dam or Sire is mentioned, even at Pedquery. He had at least
        one
        daughter named Puyanita o/o Puya and the damline is unknown now.

        Can someone help him, especially from South America?

        He would be very grateful for any information.

        Best regards from Germany

        Bettina

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        on the web.

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • FuchssF@aol.com
        Message 3 of 14 , May 10, 2006
          Hallo, Tim,
          many thanks for the information.

          I will pass on your info to me friend.

          Bettina

          Starlight was born on 20th October 1942 in Argentina. He was by Waterbird
          out of Gladiola, who was by Teetotaler out of Almansa. (Source; Argentine
          Stud Book, Volume XVII, p271)

          Tim
          Best regards from Germany, Bettina

        • Kiwi Terrier
          Message 4 of 14 , May 10, 2006
            Hi Tim

            Do you have the rest of Almansa dam line please

            Frances.

[...]

            Everything you need is one click away. Make Yahoo! your home page now.
            http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/jO1qlB/TM

          • Tim Cox
            Message 5 of 14 , May 10, 2006
              on 11/5/06 1:30, Kiwi Terrier at kiwi-terrier@... wrote:
              Frances

              I had already done the work.

              Teetotaler ch c b. 1925 in England. Exported from GSB in 1927, imported
              into Argentina in 1928 (ASB). By Tetratema out of Mulgoba, by Orby out of
              Mullion, by His Majesty (GSB XXVI p703). Died 25 December 1943 (not a great
              Christmas present).

              Almansa ch (b1925). Her female line is as follows:

              By Changüí out of Mosca Brava (b1921)
              By Spencer or Lochinvar oo Zenobia (b1918
              By Vespasian oo Araucana III (b1914)
              By Atahualpa oo Eglé (b1909)
              By Eolo oo Kiss (b1897)
              By Monarque oo Lovely (1893)
              By Saint-Gall oo Viola (b1880)
              By Sutherland oo Zenana (1866 (GSB Vol XI p408): imported into Argentina in
              1872)
              By Citadel oo Vanity
              By Touchstone oo Garland by Langar.

              Hope this helps.

              Tim
[...]

              ideas can be found at the Thoroughbred Heritage Store! </a>
              Yahoo! Groups Links

              Message 6 of 14 , May 14, 2006
                Hi Tim

                A belated thanks,
                When I looked at Ped Querry, the dam line was not complete and some of the
                mail from yahoo had not been coming through, just in case I have missed
                anything.

                Do you have Puyanita dam line as well, it is not complete.

                Daughter named Puyanita o/o Puya and the damline is unknown now.

                Many thanks
                Frances

                Message 7 of 14 , May 15, 2006
                  Hallo, Tim,
                  many thanks for your efforts to "fill in" the ped of the Argentine
                  "Starlight".

                  I checked at 'pedquery' and he is now to find in their files.

                  Many thanks

                  Kind regards from Germany
                  Bettina

                • Tim Cox

                    Message 9 of 14 , May 15, 2006
                      Frances

                      The trouble with answering specific questions is that some important details
                      get overlooked.

                      Puyanita, (born Argentina 24 October 1950) was by Starlike (not Starlight)
                      oo Puya (born 1940)

                      The dam line is as follows:

                      By Puro Habana oo Miss Indian
                      By Courtier oo India Linda
                      By Dominguito oo India Buena
                      By Orinoco oo Indian Mask (born in France in 1904, imported into Argentina
                      in 1908)
                      By Masqué oo Indian Summer
                      By Uncas oo Eastern Lily
                      By Speculum

                      Starlike was born 29 September 1942 in Argentina

                      His dam line is as follows:

                      By Fox Cub oo Star Cross (born in England in 1924, imported into Argentina
                      in 1926)
                      By Swynford oo Etoile
                      By Sunstar oo Princesse de Galles
                      By Gallinule

                      Tim

                      on 15/5/06 3:18, Kiwi Terrier at kiwi-terrier@... wrote:

[...]

                      Business finance course
                      <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Business+finance+course&w1=Business+fin
                      ance+course&w2=Business+to+business+finance&w3=Small+business+finance&w4=Bus
                      iness+finance+consultant&w5=Business+finance+schools&w6=Business+finance+sch
                      ools&c=6&s=184&.sig=hKyq8vmB> Business to business finance
                      <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Business+to+business+finance&w1=Busines
                      s+finance+course&w2=Business+to+business+finance&w3=Small+business+finance&w
                      4=Business+finance+consultant&w5=Business+finance+schools&w6=Business+financ
                      e+schools&c=6&s=184&.sig=8ak> Small business finance
                      <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Small+business+finance&w1=Business+fina
                      nce+course&w2=Business+to+business+finance&w3=Small+business+finance&w4=Busi
                      ness+finance+consultant&w5=Business+finance+schools&w6=Business+finance+scho
                      ols&c=6&s=184&.sig=RfE0BUkDC> Business finance consultant
                      <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Business+finance+consultant&w1=Business
                      +finance+course&w2=Business+to+business+finance&w3=Small+business+finance&w4
                      =Business+finance+consultant&w5=Business+finance+schools&w6=Business+finance
                      +schools&c=6&s=184&.sig=nJKO> Business finance schools
                      <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Business+finance+schools&w1=Business+fi
                      nance+course&w2=Business+to+business+finance&w3=Small+business+finance&w4=Bu
                      siness+finance+consultant&w5=Business+finance+schools&w6=Business+finance+sc
                      hools&c=6&s=184&.sig=2Gv_cqw> Business finance schools
                      <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Business+finance+schools&w1=Business+fi
                      nance+course&w2=Business+to+business+finance&w3=Small+business+finance&w4=Bu
                      siness+finance+consultant&w5=Business+finance+schools&w6=Business+finance+sc
                      hools&c=6&s=184&.sig=2Gv_cqw>

                      Message 10 of 14 , May 15, 2006
                        Hi Tim

                        Thank you for answering, was checking with pedquery on the pedigree and saw
                        it was not filled in, so thought I would ask for the rest. Again thanks for
                        correcting the sire. Like to enter the foreign bred horses in my TP data
                        base for further reference.

                        Regards

                        http://us.click.yahoo.com/.7bhrC/MGxNAA/yQLSAA/jO1qlB/TM

                        Message 11 of 14 , Jun 9, 2006
                          Hallo,
                          several weeks ago I had a request about the Artengine Stallion "Starlight".
                          Meanwhile his ped is known and to find at 'pedquery'.

                          Just out of curiosity I looked at his ped and when I went through it I came
                          across of a bit of a 'unrelaible' year of birth. Mosca Brava in his damline
                          is by Lochinvar YOB 1912 and his dams YOB is 1910. I read and heard of cases,
                          that a mare was bred as 2 year old and had her first foal as 3 year old. In
                          has case, his dam must have been covered as Yearling.

                          Could some one check with access to the Argentine Studbook about his Birth
                          year.

                          Many thanks

                          Best regards, Bettina.

                        • Tim Cox
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jun 9, 2006
                            Bettina

                            Here's what I supplied.

                            Almansa ch (b1925).  Her female line is as follows:

                            By Changüí out of Mosca Brava (b1921)
                            By Spencer or Lochinvar oo Zenobia (b1918
                            By Vespasian oo Araucana III (b1914)
                            By Atahualpa oo Eglé (b1909)
                            By Eolo oo Kiss (b1897)
                            By Monarque oo Lovely (1893)
                            By Saint-Gall oo Viola (b1880)
                            By Sutherland oo Zenana (1866 (GSB Vol XI p408): imported into Argentina in
                            1872)
                            By Citadel oo Vanity
                            By Touchstone oo Garland by Langar.

                            I have not checked how the data were used. I did have a debate with Richard
                            about "Spencer or Lochinvar' as the sire of Mosca Brava. I believe he added
                            a note but wrote in Lochinvar because it was the sire that was mentioned
                            second.

                            Tim

                            on 9/6/06 22:19, FuchssF@... at FuchssF@... wrote:

                            Hallo,
                            several weeks ago I had a request about the Artengine Stallion
                            "Starlight".
                            Meanwhile his ped is known and to find at 'pedquery'.

                            Just out of curiosity I looked at his ped and when I went through it I came
                            across of a bit of a 'unrelaible' year of birth. Mosca Brava in his damline
                            is by Lochinvar YOB 1912 and his dams YOB is 1910. I read and heard of
                            cases,
                            that a mare was bred as 2 year old and had her first foal as 3 year old.
                            In
                            has case, his dam must have been covered as Yearling.

                            Could some one check with access to the Argentine Studbook about his Birth
                            year.

                            Many thanks

                            Best regards, Bettina.

                          • richard davis
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jun 10, 2006
                              Totally my fault.

                              LOCHINVAR is 1915. Was a typo.

                              This is one of the reasons that I always put my RJD onto the file. So that people can see it was me (that made the mistake). See Mosca Brava (i) information section.
                              Have corrected the date on Pedquery, double checked all information that Tim was kind enough to give the group.

                              Just as well I kept all the pieces of scrap paper I used transposing the information.

                              Regards
                              Richard
                              Australia
                              ribot@...

                              Message 14 of 14 , Jun 11, 2006
                                Hallo, Richard,
                                many thanks for the info and the correcrtion of the YOB of Lochinvar.

                                Regards, Bettina