Thank You TBheritage listers.....

  • Xandria
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2004
      Dear All,

      This is a big thank you to all those that have searched GB Stud Books
      etc for me looking for obscure TB pedigrees (Tony). I thought you might
      like to see what the information was used for.

      I know that the pedigree chasers won't be too impressed as I have only
      entered data for specific lines and sport horse type TB pedigrees. But
      since I started with paper records and had to hand enter all but 100
      horses I don't think I have been doing too badly.

      Thanks again,

      Xandria

      The Irish Draught and Sport Horse Society of Australia now has an online
      searchable pedigree database:

      http://www.idshs.com.au/search.html

      A large number of registered stock and their ancestors have been entered
      into the database. A three to five generation pedigree can be accessed
      (if known), including either a year of birth or date of birth,
      registration number, colour and sex. Please note that stallion/colt = M
      (Male), mare/filly = F (Female) and gelding = N (neutered).

      The online database allows searches for individual animals, hypothetical
      matings, reverse pedigrees that list all of the progeny of a particular
      animal, and breeding information which lists full and half siblings etc.

      At the moment not all registered horses are entered into the database.
      The horses are in the main Australian bred animals and their ancestors
      only. Please note that this is an ongoing work in progress and the
      database will be upgraded frequently with additional data. Thanks to all
      those members that have supplied the Registrar with photocopies of
      registration papers, pedigrees and information about dams. I am still
      having problems with the year of birth and date of birth fields so the
      listing of siblings etc can be a bit out of wack.

      We hope that all our members and all those interested in Irish Draughts
      and Irish Sport Horses find this a valuable and useful tool.
    • Ingeborg
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2004
        Good work Xandria, it's great to have another database available.

        Bye bye,

        Ingeborg
        Druid's Lodge Cattery
        Siamese/Balinese/Oriental Short- & Longhair

        www.druids-lodge.com

        "My treasures do not chink or glitter. They gleam in the sun and purr in the
        night."