semester overview

  • Jeff Gold
    Message 1 of 1 , May 12, 2011
      Thanks to all of you participated in TAP this semester and academic year. Our
      year was very productive and helped many tenants get useful advice about their
      case as well as passionate advocacy through negotiations and in-court
      representation. I hope that you found it to be a useful experience and that you
      take away at least one learning moment in which developed your legal skills,
      professionalism, etc. I witnessed many of those moments and hope that you
      recognized them too. (Let me know privately off-list if you want to share your
      moment(s).)

      As I emailed previously, TAP now is on summer break and should return when you
      do in August. The start date usually is at/around the first day of classes.

      I also want to let you know that I have accepted a very exciting legal education
      reform position with the American Bar Association's Rule of Law Initiative in
      Cairo, Egypt. I'll be starting that job in mid-June. The ABA was very
      impressed with our TAP work; you may soon hear of a growing TAP network
      throughout Egypt which would be super cool. Thanks to all of you for making my
      6 years with TAP into a very important part of my work and for helping teach me
      about alternative clinical legal education models. I am meeting with Dean
      Buxbaum tomorrow to talk about the future of TAP and identifying a new
      supervising attorney.

      Hope that you had a good year and that you have a relaxing but educational
      summer. Keep in touch.

      Best,
      Jeff