Night of 13th. and wouldn't you know it!

  • Rick Crockett
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2001
      I thought I was going to have more time to work on some things around
      here but I can hardly believe it.

      As some of you know I was looking for an Observatory site for an
      educational institution a couple of weeks ago. I had my dad with me
      and on the way back we diverted from our course for dinner at a well
      known landmark resturaunt and to stay a night on the road. He sees
      this little place and a for sale sign so we stop by the local
      real estate. Dad makes and offer and we come home. Last Tuesday the
      real estate office called and said come up and put the offer in
      writing so I took my Dad back up Wed.. His offer was accepted the
      next day and now I am going to be busy helping Mom and Dad move.

      I will not only be helping them move but remodeling the house they
      live in to rent out so I am just not going to have time to do much
      else for the next six months.

      The 13th looks Ok for any that want to come. I cannot as yet promise
      facitlies.

      Clear Skies,
      -Rick
    • Paul LeFevre
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2001
        Baby watch kept me home with this gorgeous weather the past couple of weeks,
        but I still managed some decent images from my back yard. The new ones are
        at:
        http://www.slip.net/~lefevre/mx7c/mx7c.htm

        Other than a new Jupiter and Saturn through the LX200 @ f/28, the new ones
        were all wide-field shots through a piggybacked short-tube 80mm scope. I
        did NGC1977 (the Running Man) just because Bill Dean asked me to :)

        Hope you all got some photons in. We're going in on Friday for a C-section
        delivery of the baby, unless my wife goes into labor before then, so I'm out
        of action for a while. Hope to get the new CCD camera out to dark skies
        before the end of the month, though...

        Paul
      • Paul Withers
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 2, 2001
          At 03:40 PM 1/2/2001, you wrote:
          >Baby watch kept me home with this gorgeous weather the past couple of weeks,
          >but I still managed some decent images from my back yard. The new ones are
          >at:
          ><http://www.slip.net/~lefevre/mx7c/mx7c.htm>http://www.slip.net/~lefevre/mx7c/mx7c.htm
          >
          >Other than a new Jupiter and Saturn through the LX200 @ f/28, the new ones
          >were all wide-field shots through a piggybacked short-tube 80mm scope. I
          >did NGC1977 (the Running Man) just because Bill Dean asked me to :)
          >
          >Hope you all got some photons in. We're going in on Friday for a C-section
          >delivery of the baby, unless my wife goes into labor before then, so I'm out
          >of action for a while. Hope to get the new CCD camera out to dark skies
          >before the end of the month, though...
          >
          >Paul
          Happy New Year Paul,

          Still waiting for baby - wow.

          Nice images.
          Any processing done on these?
          The Running Man does not open up a larger image - was this one cropped and
          scaled?

          Paul Withers