Explore the Stars Program Palomar Mountain July 20,21

  • Bob Nanz
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17, 2012
      Hi all,

      Explore the Stars Program will be at the Observatory Campground on Palomar
      Mountain July 20,21

      Pot Luck on Sat. July 21 6:30pm

      John Hoot will be our guest speaker

      Contact me

      Really big news:

      Sites at Observatory Campground can now be reserved.

      http://www.recreation.gov/camping/Observatory_Campground_Ca/r/campgroundBook
      ingWindow.do?contractCode=NRSO
      <http://www.recreation.gov/camping/Observatory_Campground_Ca/r/campgroundBoo
      kingWindow.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=72310> &parkId=72310

      This is open to the public and is sponsored by the Cleveland National
      Forest.

      The weather forecast looks good for next weekend.

      Please contact me if you plan to set up.

      (You do not need to contact me if you are just coming to look through the
      scopes)

      Bob

      760-751-3992

      For more information and direction visit The Explore the Stars Program Home
      page.

      http://nanzscience.com/explore/index.html

      I am looking for volunteers.

      As a volunteer you get free camping and a nice spot to set up.

      The program consists of volunteers setting their telescopes at the
      Observatory Campground on a Friday and Saturday night for public viewing.
      Friday night is an informal program and is usually pretty quiet. Saturday
      night starts off with a potluck dinner around 6pm and a talk at the
      amphitheater around dusk. After the talk there is public viewing
      for a couple of hours.

      Please contact me if you are interested in setting up.

      There is a group that you can join to receive messages.

      For pictures of the campground go to:

      http://www.nanzscience.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=12

      You do not need to be a member of any group to join in, but you do need to
      contact me if you are coming.

      We usually get sites 35-40. Site 35 can handle several large trailers.

      Now 33-38

      Thank You

      Bob Nanz

      760-751--3992