Explore the Stars April 29,30

  • Bob Nanz
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24 7:31 AM
      Hi all,

      Explore the Stars will be at Observatory Campground April 29 and 30th.

      The Forest Service plans to open Observatory Campground for the Explore the
      Stars Program on Friday.

      There will likely not be any water.

      The weather forecast looks good for next weekend.

      Please contact me if you plan to set up.

      I do not have a speaker.

      If anyone would like to give a talk please contact me.

      I plan to have to potluck on Saturday as usual.

      Bob

      760-751-3992

      For more information visit The Explore the Stars Program Home page.

      http://nanzscience.com/explore/index.html

      I am looking for volunteers.

      As a volunteer you get free camping and a nice spot to set up.

      The program consists of volunteers setting their telescopes at the
      Observatory Campground on a Friday and Saturday night for public viewing.
      Friday night is an informal program and is usually pretty quiet. Saturday
      night starts off with a potluck dinner around 6pm and a talk at the
      amphitheater around dusk. After the talk there is public viewing
      for a couple of hours.

      Please contact me if you are interested in setting up.

      There is a group that you can join to receive messages.

      For pictures of the campground go to:

      http://www.nanzscience.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=12

      You do not need to be a member of any group to join in, but you do need to
      contact me if you are coming.

      We usually get sites 35-40. Site 35 can handle several large trailers.

      Thank You

      Bob Nanz

      760-751--3992