TAC-South is up and running!

  • Paul LeFevre
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2000
      Welcome to those who have already signed up.
      At the suggestion of one of the charter members (Curt W.), the list is being
      run through e-groups. E-groups takes quite a bit of the headaches out of
      running a mailing list, though we do have to put up with ads in the e-mail
      messages. Most of us tend to ignore them, and they're rarely
      objectionable...

      With e-groups management, we also get an easy way for list members to post
      pictures or other files to the TACS area on e-groups for other list members
      to view or download. This alone is worth the ads, in my opinion!

      Our list home page is at http://www.egroups.com/group/TAC_South. Feel free
      to visit it at any time. E-groups will require you to log in, so you'll
      need to select a password if you haven't already.

      I hope this list turns out to be a useful thing -- I know the original TAC
      list is! Please be frank and open with your feelings about the list, its
      direction, criticisms, etc. I'll do my best to make it useful to the folks
      who sign up.

      I will be leaving this coming Wednesday (6/28/2000) for a week with the
      original TAC folks up at Mt. Lassen in Northern California...a whole week
      under crystal-clear 6000-foot skies. Should be fun. I'll be back and up on
      the list again after the July 4th holiday.

      Until then, I hope everyone has a safe holiday, and gets some observing time
      in! I know several list members are planning on visiting Palomar Mountain
      this weekend, so take advantage of this list to arrange some meetings on the
      mountain if you're interested in going up.

      Regards,
      Paul

      Paul LeFevre
      TAC_South list owner