Details for the cabin campout tomorrow
- Because we don't have to setup camp tomorrow night, and because of Rt80 traffic, we are going to leave later than usual.
Meet at the church by 6:30pm
We plan to leave the church before 6:45pm
Things to remember:
- Bring your personal mess kit, water bottle and cup
- Bring a sheet if you want to cover your mattress (so your face isn't on the ancient plastic)
- Bring your sleeping bag (and a pillow if desired) - keep it dry in your bag/pack
- Bring all the normal clothes you'd bring for a cold, snowy, wet weekend
- Lots of extra socks
- Gloves (I'm bringing two pairs)
- Slippers or socks for wearing in the cabin (no wet boots past the entranceway)
- Bring your stuff in a duffel bag or backpack that you can carry for 1/2 a mile. Backpack is probably better.
- We might not be able to get all the cars up to the cabin, so you may need to carry your stuff a bit.
- Bring scoutcraft gear to either teach or learn tenderfoot, 2nd and 1st class requirements
- Knives, rope, sharpening stones, compass, map, etc.
- Adults: if you have firewood, please bring some.
- Bring playing cards or board games that you like (but can carry up the hill with your stuff)
- Electronics. Don't bring ipods, video games, etc. You may bring cell phones for emergency use, but they should not be used for entertainment this weekend.
Any questions, email me or the T-104 leaders email list.