Details for the cabin campout tomorrow

  • DAVID W MCINTYRE
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 2014
      Because we don't have to setup camp tomorrow night, and because of Rt80 traffic, we are going to leave later than usual.

      Meet at the church by 6:30pm
      We plan to leave the church before 6:45pm

      Things to remember:
      - Bring your personal mess kit, water bottle and cup
      - Bring a sheet if you want to cover your mattress (so your face isn't on the ancient plastic)
      - Bring your sleeping bag (and a pillow if desired) - keep it dry in your bag/pack

      - Bring all the normal clothes you'd bring for a cold, snowy, wet weekend
      - Lots of extra socks
      - Boots
      - Gloves (I'm bringing two pairs)
      - Slippers or socks for wearing in the cabin (no wet boots past the entranceway)

      - Bring your stuff in a duffel bag or backpack that you can carry for 1/2 a mile. Backpack is probably better.
      - We might not be able to get all the cars up to the cabin, so you may need to carry your stuff a bit.

      - Bring scoutcraft gear to either teach or learn tenderfoot, 2nd and 1st class requirements
      - Knives, rope, sharpening stones, compass, map, etc.

      - Adults: if you have firewood, please bring some.

      - Bring playing cards or board games that you like (but can carry up the hill with your stuff)

      - Electronics. Don't bring ipods, video games, etc. You may bring cell phones for emergency use, but they should not be used for entertainment this weekend.

      Any questions, email me or the T-104 leaders email list.

      -Mr McIntyre