Color Guard next Thursday

  • David McIntyre
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 10, 2014

      We need 5 scouts for a Color Guard for the District Annual Meeting and Dinner next Thursday, 1/16.  The event is at Snuffy's in Scotch Plains, so it's nearby.

      The event has a cocktail party from 6:00 to 7:00, and then the meeting will start around 7:15pm or so.  So, the scouts should arrive at 7pm, hold the color guard, Pledge of Allegiance and Scout Oath and Law, and then leave.

      SO, we'd need you there by 7pm, and your parents would stay and take you home by 7:30pm.

      Requirements:
      - Full Class A, including BSA scout pants, belt and your merit badge sash
      - No sneakers (nice shoes or hiking boots)
      - BSA socks or other dark color socks
      - Know how to run a color guard
      - Know the Pledge, Oath and Law

      It would be a great help to me if Troop 104 could assist with this.  Please email me if you can help out (make sure your parents can help get you there and home).

      - Mr McIntyre
    • davidmcintyre
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 14, 2014
        We have 4 scouts for the Color Guard, and I'd really like a 5th (so we can have one scout at the front of the room giving the orders, and the four bringing up the American flag and Watchung Mountain District flag).

        It's this Thursday. Flag ceremony at around 7pm, so you'd arrive around 6:45pm and be done at 7:15pm....

        Anybody ?