Woodsman's Thong 10/26 - 10/27

  • David McIntyre
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 21 5:24 PM
      Woodsman's Thong is a weekend long advanced outdoor skills training class.  I have taken it, as has Mr Johns and probably other adult leaders in our troop.  It is a great course.

      (By the way, a "thong" is a piece of leather; you may have noticed the fancy leather thong that Mr Johns and I sometimes wear on our uniforms).

      It is being offered this year from Saturday, 10/26 to Sunday, 10/27 at Camp Winnebago.

      The flyer is here:

      I know the course director and most of the staff very well, and they are great guys.  You also eat extremely well; the cook staff has been part of the training team for years and provides very good meals.

      Star Scouts over 13 years old are allowed to attend, as long as one adult leader from their troop also attends.  When I took the course 2 or 3 years ago there were 8 or 9 scouts and 20+ adults.

      If you are interested in attending, please let me know so that we can help determine if any adult leaders from our troop might attend.  This is a tough weekend for us to schedule, since 6 or 7 of our troop adult leaders are attending a fundraiser in Madison all evening, but there might be adults not attending that who would be interested in attending with our scouts.

      - Mr McIntyre