Troop 104

  • edbumiller@verizon.net
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 17 7:04 PM
    All,
    A few quick items for the next few weeks.

    No Meeting 2/21/11 because of President's Day.

    Saturday 2/26/11 we are working at the recycling center from 8:45 - 1:15. We need a lot of help for this, please bring partents and other family members over 11 who can help out. If you can not stay for the whole time you can come for as long as you can. I have set up a face book event for this, please reply there. If you do not do face book please reply to me. Dress for the weather, work gloves are recommended.
    Sunday 3/6/11 is the Lions Club pancake breakfast at the Scotch Plains Country Club from 8 - 12. We need scouts to help out nin the kitchen and wait on the tables. The Lions Club is a great supporter of scouting and specifically Troop 104, this is a way we can show our appreciation.  I will set up a face book event for this, please reply there. If you do not do face book please reply to me.

    Our cabin trip is 3/11-3/13 at Winnebago Reservation, the permission slip is attached. The cabin sleeps 24, first come first in the cabin. We can do over flow tents. Please turn in the permission slip at the 2/28/11 meeitng.

    Lastly, a few of scouts have been leaving the meeting early, some let us know some don't. If your scout has to leave early please let a leader who will be at the meeting know ahead of time, email or phone call. If a parent is not taking the scout home please let us know who will be picking them up. I would encourage everyone to stay until the end of the meeting.

    Thanks,
    Ed Bumiller
  • Joe Kaiser
    Message 2 of 10 , Feb 18 8:27 AM
      Ed,and all... Jamey and I will be going to AC for the state wrestling championships, we will not be back til Sun Mar6 AFT. So NO to pancake brkfst. I am pretty sure (responded to Fb invite as a maybe) to recycling, I would definitely like to go on cabin trip, unless you have a lot of response from other dads who have not gone before ,like Dave Gentile, Tom Zimmerman and WEBELO dads (who I think we should open the invite to include), OTHERWISE I will come up Sat for the day and have lunch and dinner with you guys

      [Attachment(s) from edbumiller@... included below]

      Message 3 of 10 , Apr 13, 2011
        2 quick things: after the cabin trip someone took the dish towels home to wash, we were packing up tonight and couldn't find them. If anyone has them please get them to me tomorrow.
        On Monday we want to have a committee/parents meeting, 7:30 at All Saints, downstairs. We will be planning the activities for the rest of the year and the fall 2011. Everyone is welcome to attend.
        Don't forget summer camp paper work is due in 2 weeks.
        Thanks,
        Ed
      • edbumiller@verizon.net
        Message 4 of 10 , Apr 27, 2011
        Hi Everyone,
        Attached is the permission slip for the camping and canoe trip to Wharton State park in two weeks. Also attached is a release from the canoe rental company. This form must be filled out for scouts and parents, scout's forms must be signed by a parent or guardian.

        Because we will be canoeing, all scouts must pass a swim test. If you have been to summer camp with the troop before and past the swim test you are good to go. For everyone else you can take the swim test at the Scotch Plains YMCA this Sunday, 5/1 at 2:15, or next Friday, 5/6 at 8:15. Please email me to confirm when you can take the swim test.

        If anyone changes their mind and wants to go summer camp at Sabattis with us you can still sign up, the price will be $385.00. If you are interested in Winnebago or Alamuchy you can find information at www.ppbsa.org or ask one of the leaders.

        Let me know if you have any questions.

        Ed Bumiller

      • edbumiller@verizon.net
        Message 5 of 10 , May 2, 2011
          We have been asked to be the color guard at the national day of prayer service this Thursday at 6:30 at the park next to the scotch plains municipal building. We need 4 volunteers to present the colors and lead the pledge. If an adult could volunteer to supervise that would be appreciated. I will ask for volunteers at the meeting tonight, just wanted to give you a heads up. This will count for community service time for rank advancement. Thanks,
          Ed Bumiller
        • edbumiller@verizon.net
          Message 6 of 10 , May 23, 2011
            All,
            Please bring your summer camp balance payment tonight. Please start working on the medical forms for camp.

            This Saturday is David Sherman's Eagle Court of Honor, Please RSVP with a guess at the count of attendees to eaglersvp@... (since there will be refreshments afterwards)..

            Saturday June 11 at Brookside Park from 11-3 is our Troop Picnic, more info to follow shortly.

          • Sharon Gentile
            Message 7 of 10 , Jun 2, 2011

              Troop Annual Picnic
              Saturday, June 11
              Brookside Park

              11-3pm

              Please rsvp to Sharon at Shezg@...

              Please state the number of attendees in your family
              and if you will be bringing either a dessert or appetizer
            • edbumiller@verizon.net
              Message 8 of 10 , Sep 30, 2011
                Upcomming events
                The Fanwood Nature Center asked us to help them spread wood chips this Sunday October 2, 2011. Please meet at the Cray Terrance entrance (under the power lines) at Noon. How long it takes depends on how many people show up, so bring  a friend or two:). Please bring wheel barrows, pitch forks, shovels and rakes. It is a good idea to write your name on all the tools you bring. If you can help out please let me know.

                Monday is our fall Court of Honor, all family and friends are invited. We will be presenting all the ranks and badges earned since the last Court of Honor in June. We will also induct new members into the troop give them their troop neckerchiefs. This is a Class A event. Please be at All Saints at 7:15 pm to help set up.

                The Monkey Bridge Camporee is October 14,15,16. Permission slips have been distributed, if you want to attend and have not turned in your permission slip please do so as soon as possible. To construct our monkey bridge we need 4 12 foot logs/branches 4-5 inches in diameter and 2 6 foot logs/branches 2-3 inches in diameter. If anyone has these or know someone with a tree service who could help us get them please let me know.

                Thanks,

                Ed Bumiller

                Message 9 of 10 , Nov 14, 2011

                  Scouts,

                  Reminder: There will be an important PLC meeting tonight at 6:45.  All PLC members should attend.

                  Our regular Scout meeting will commence at 6:30.  If you’re car pooling, take into consideration that the Popcorn Distribution will happen at tonight’s meeting, so make sure you have enough room!

                  See you tonight,

                  Message 10 of 10 , Nov 14, 2011

                    Kudos to the rapid response from folks – yes, the regular Scout Meeting is at the regular time of ** 7:30 **.