Klondike results, Scout Sunday is this coming Sunday

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2011

    Attached are 2 photos of our sled teams from Saturday’s Klondike Derby.  One of our sleds finished 3rd in the Senior division!  Congratulations to the sled members:

    Michael Gentile

    David Michalak

    Chris Ho

    Ryan Lesiak

    Connor Cheney

    TJ Zimmermann

    Steven Ho

    Danny Farrell

    In other news, several of our Scouts have volunteered to assist Pack 34 with their Pinewood Derby this Friday.  Adam, Chris, Steve, Raphael, David, Andrew, Colin, and Ian will be there at 5:30 (in full Class A uniforms) to help.  Please let Mr. Johns and I know if your plans change.

    As most of you already know, we celebrate Scout Sunday each year – typically on the Sunday closest to February 8th (Scouting’s anniversary).  This Sunday we’ll be leading All-Saints’ church service and then throwing them a pancake breakfast afterwards in Lea Hall.  All families are welcome to both the service and the breakfast.  It is important that all Scouts attend (all in Class A uniform) – last year we were a little light.  If there are things that Scouts can do now to keep your schedules clear for Sunday morning then it would be most appreciated – All-Saints has been our charter organization for 55 years and this is our big chance to give back.

    We are also planning to invite Cubs from Packs 4, 34, and 98 (who we worked with to prepare for the Klondike ) to come to the Pancake Breakfast.