Fwd: [T-104] Sabattis in the morning!!!

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 12, 2013
      Some additional things to think about as you are getting ready for bed...

      * Provide alternate contact info if parent(s) are traveling.
      * Do not send paper mail after about Wednesday, because it'll get there after they leave
      * It is a good idea to provide a SSN#  in sealed envelope for emergency medical purposes (will not be opened unless)
      * Let us know of any changes in medication/health since the form was turned in

      Remember to wear your Class A uniform w/neckerchief on bus!

      Troop 104 Leaders

      From: Bill Sherman <bgsherman@...>
      Date: Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 10:56 AM
      Subject: [T-104] Sabattis in the morning!!! [1 Attachment]
      To: t-104 <t-104@yahoogroups.com>

      [Attachment(s) from Bill Sherman included below]

      We will all meet at the Sears parking lot (Terrill Road) at 6:30am tomorrow to get ready for our trip to Sabattis.
      Bus space is going to be very tight -- pack light!  However, do not forget:

      1) Money (for spending money in camp, and for food on both bus rides)

      2) Rain gear and water bottles

      3) Extra batteries if you tend to use them much

      4) Medications (the ones of your health form) in a Zip-Lock baggie.  Even though they are SMELLABLES, they will be collected by the Health Officer and kept in the Health Lodge.

      Many scouts find it helpful to bring their Scout Book and merit badge books.
      If you are under the First Class rank, it would not be a bad idea to bring a copy of your Firem'n Chit and Totin' Chip.

      Also, as I looked over the draft of the merit badge signups from Monday, I see that not everyone has a workable schedule.  Remember that there are basically 3 one-hour merit badge periods (9, 10, 11).  You can take 3 Merit badges as long as you have one in each hour;  generally, you would not be able to take 2 in the 10:00 hour.  Also keep in mind that both Rifle Shooting and Envi Sci are double periods.

      To help your scouts review their choices, I have augmented my tracking list with a row at the top showing the hour that each class is offered.  Remember that the leaders' guide  http://www.camps.ppbsa.org/files/Sabattis%20Summer%20Leaders%20Guide.pdf  is the final authority on the schedule, so I am not responsible for typos or exclusions -- I just tried to cross-reference the schedule to make it easier for the scouts.  See the attached file to check over choices.

      Bill Sherman
      Troop 104

    • Grant Brown
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 14, 2013

        For all the Scouts not at Sabattis, I'm going to be working on my Eagle Scout Project on Monday to Sunday at the Scotch Plains Rescue Squad from 4:00pm to 8:30pm. I need all the volunteers I can get.
            Thank you,
        Grant Brown

        .
      • Grant Brown
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 14, 2013
          Also, volunteers should bring work gloves, sunblock and water