Re: [T-104] SWIMMING
- In response to the questions that have been asked, yes it is open to everyone who would like to come, and the JCC is close to where the VOTECH schools are, and we will make sure to test him first or closer to the beginning.On May 6, 2013, at 9:52 PM, Adam Bransky wrote:
2:00 PMOn May 6, 2013, at 9:48 PM, Ken Eviner wrote:
What time on Saturday?
From: Adam Bransky <clonetrpr@...>;
To: T-104 <email@example.com>;
Subject: [T-104] SWIMMING
Sent: Tue, May 7, 2013 1:36:56 AMThis is for everyone who was not at the meeting and for all those who wereUpdated information regarding the change.We will be holding our next meeting Saturday 5/11/13 at the JCC located at 1391 MartineAve Scotch Plains, NJ 07076. The JCC has generously allowed us to use their pool. We will be giving the BSA swim test andpracticing other water skills required for rank advancement. Wear your bathing suit and bring a towel.Any scout that has not passed the BSA swim test and is going canoeing with us next month must pass the swim test. The requirements for the swim test are:
- Jump feet first into water over the head, level off, and begin swimming.
- Swim 75 yards in a strong manner using one or more of the following strokes: side, breast, trudgen, or crawl. Swim 25 yards using an easy, restingbackstroke.
- The 100 yards must be completed without stops and must include at least one sharp turn.
- Rest by floating…Long enough to demonstrate ability to rest when exhausted.