Second week of Summer Camp?

  • David McIntyre
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2013

      For the first time, Troop 104 is setting the framework for a second week of Summer camp.

      The week of July 28 through August 3, we have a campsite at Camp Winnebago reserved.  This is "Week 5", two weeks after our Sabattis week (so we're back home for a week, and then leave for camp the next Sunday).

      There are three main reasons scouts might like to attend this week:

      1) You are planning to attend Sabattis, but want a second week of summer camp to earn more badges and have more fun.  Last summer a number of our scouts attended a second week of camp.  Many joined "provisional troops" for the week.  This year, they can camp with T104!

      2) Your long-standing family vacation is the week we're at Sabattis, and you'd still like to do a week of summer camp.

      3) You are a first-year scout with limited camping experience, and you're interested in a less adventurous first summer camp experience.  Of course, first year scouts are welcome at Sabattis, but this gives you another way to start summer camping.

      We have at least one adult leader who is willing to spend a second week at summer camp, but we will need more adult leaders (at least 2 at all times, preferably at least 3).  Because of the nearby location of Camp Winnebago, there is the opportunity of adult leaders helping for half the week.

      Before we send in our deposit, we need a quick count of scouts who are willing to commit to attending.

      BY THIS FRIDAY, please email me (don't reply all) your commitment to attend (both scouts and leaders).  If we get at least 8 scouts, and at least 2-3 adult leaders, I'll send in the deposit and start collecting your fees.  We'll need your checks by the 4/22 meeting.

      Fees are the same as Sabattis, $351 before 4/30.  No bus fees, since the camp is in Rockaway, NJ (about 20 minutes off Route 80).

      Please email me with any questions, or read about the WSR summer program at:

      Thanks,
      Mr. McIntyre

    • DAVID W MCINTYRE
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 7, 2013
        As of tonight we have five Scouts and two Scoutmasters (me and Mr. Bowser).  Several other Scoutmasters will be at camp for partial weeks.  So, adult staffing is great but we need three more scouts committed before I send in the deposit, and that needs to happen soon.

        So far we have:

        Rob F
        Daniel R
        Aaron C
        Alex L
        Doug M

        if we get three more, we're willing to make a go of it.  I will have some forms at the meeting tomorrow, and checks for $351 would be great.  Please RSVP via email.  If you give me a check but we end up not getting to 8 I'll just give the checks back.

        Thanks,
        Mr. McIntyre