Last minute details about the camping trip

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22 12:02 PM
      T104 Scouts,

      A few scouts are convening to pack Troop gear for the cabin trip between 4:00 and at 5:00.  We will be using our older, smaller trailer, which might not arrive until closer to 5:00.  When it does, we will load up our gear and go (so do not pack things into the new trailer)!

      All scouts should plan to arrive by 5:00, dressed in Class A (brown shirt).

      Please eat an early dinner or bring a bag meal with you because we are not having dinner when we get there.

      A suggested gear list is below; the cabin is not far from the parking lot so you can use a duffle rather than a backpack. Please wear hiking boots, not sneakers. I would also pack a hat and gloves and warm clothes as it gets cold. My cell phone number is 908-432-3536, if you need to contact us for any reason.

      Try to pack everything in one backpack or duffle bag to make it easier to carry.  Please refrain from bringing electronics, cell phones, ipods, mp3 players, etc.  We can not be responsible for them and there is a chance of them getting wet or damaged. Most of the adults carry cell phones for emergencies. It also takes away from the outdoor experience.

      We should be home around noon time on Sunday. We will call when we are close and let you know an exact time. Let me know if you have any questions.

      Bill Sherman

      Troop  104 Suggested Personal Camping Gear for Cabin Trips

      Class A (brown shirt) to be worn to/from the trip
      Class B (red shirt) will be worn on Saturday
      Sleeping Bag (Packed in a garbage bag inside the stuff bag)
      Sleeping pad is optional, as we will have beds in the cabin
      Rain Gear
      Flash Light
      Mess Kit or Plastic Plate
      Bowl & Cup Eating Utensils: fork, knife & spoon (not the disposable plastic kind)
      Clean up kit (soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, small towel)
      Change of Clothes, extra socks Clothing appropriate for the season
      Boy Scout Handbook
      Compass
      Book for reading
      Ear plugs if you desire them…

      For Hike:
      Small back pack to carry compass, pen or pencil and small note book, canteen or water bottle