Re: [T-104] Lions Club Pancake Breakfast tomorrow

  • Liz Maythenyi
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2013
      I'm so sorry that Nick wasn't able to make his 8am shift ...
      He has a really bad cough and although he thought he felt good enough
      to make it, he didn't sleep ... and he would have been coughing violently
      all through the breakfast - wouldn't have been good.   :-\

      On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 1:20 PM, Bill Sherman <bgsherman@...> wrote:

      Scouts and Scouters,

      On Sunday morning, the Scotch Plains Lions Club is holding their semi-annual Pancake Breakfast, and Troop 104 scouts are the waiters and busboys. We do this for them the last Sunday in October and the first in March -- and have for several years. It's a great and fun opportunity for community service (the patrons are very friendly to us,
      so it's easy). It is also good to support the Lions, who have been very good to us over the years (e.g. they donated us our "gear garage").  Scouts are needed for one or both shifts (8:00am-10:00 and/or 10:00-12:00). Please wear your Class A and plan to arrive at least 10 minutes before your shift (to eat), and plan to stay at least 10 minutes after your shift (to clean up and transition).  Some scouts find it helpful to carry a pencil and a small pad, to help remember orders — but this is entirely optional because there is not a lot to remember.

      As of the last Monday's meeting, we had roughly a dozen guys per shift.  There appears to be a bug going around, as I have received a number of cancellations due to illness today.  Please check the list below, and email me and additions or changes.  Given illnesses, I'd like to see a lot more guys signed up.

      Families should consider stopping by for breakfast to support the Lions Club, too!

      Troop 104 Volunteers
      Lions' Pancake Breakfast 3/3/13
      8:00-10:0010:00-12:00
      Last nameFirst Name