Troop 104 logistics for events for this weekend
We have two alternatives for events on Saturday, and here are the detailed logistics along with a list of anticipated registrants (note: a paper permission slip will be required upon arrival unless you have turned in one already)
1) Watchung Reservation Orienteering Hike and Groundfire Cooking Lunch -- 10:00am — 3:00 pm (sharp)
* although there is no payment and we did not require advanced signup, please bring a signed copy of
the attached Watchung permission slip (insurance liability and all…you know).
* Scouts should team up, provide their own food to cook for lunch, and bring it
* Scouts should bring a bottle or two of drinking water, as there will be no water in the reservation
* Scouting families provide their own transportation to and from the reservation — no going to the Church!
* Location is the Cub Scout Day camp area, just West of Trailside. See http://goo.gl/maps/GfM6q
Basically, this is an alternative activity to our campout, focused on learning and demonstration of some required
advancement skills. It also offers a chance for outdoor activity while not encroaching on the first night of Hanukkah.
Planned Adults: Bumiller, Kaiser, Resnicoff (?), Johns, Cheney (?), Lynch (?)
Planned Scouts: Bonnell, Cheney, Eviner, Farrell, Holloway (?), Joshua, Lynch, Resnicoff, Scacifero, Trifiro, Venick(J)
2) Camping at Joseph A Citta Scout Reservation in the Pine Barrens, Saturday 9:00 until Sunday noon
* Meet at All-Saints Church at 9:00am Saturday morning
* We will rapidly pack the necessary gear into a couple of cars and head South asap
* Bring your own food to cook over ground fires — we've gone over this at meetings
* At least one scout hasn't turned in a permission slip — bring it Saturday morning — not optional!
Another copy of the PDF is attached (but note that the incorrect dates are crossed out)
* Bring your warmest gear. Although the forecast is for milder weather than anticipated, it might rain, and
it may be colder than they anticipate!
Planned Adults: Sherman, McIntyre, Fisher
Planned Scouts: Gentile, Brown, Fisher, Genty
*** If you wish to sign up and you haven't, or vice versa, please send your change to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Just sending to one of us won't cut it — we have multiple adults handling multiple activities and we all need to stay
"in the loop" on any planned changes.