December campout

  • DAVID W MCINTYRE
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2012
      At this time we have four adult leaders and only 1 or 2 scouts signed up for the December "cold weather" campout next weekend.

      Everything Mr. Sherman mentioned about this campout is still true (scouts should be relatively experience campers, you should have decent gear, etc), but we didn't really want to scare everyone away! This is a nice opportunity for a relatively easy campout (only 3 meals!) with a smaller group.

      If you are planning to attend, please send Mr. Thal (cc'd) and I an email telling us as soon as you can, and bring the registration form to Monday's meeting. You will need to form cooking teams at the Monday meeting (those scouts attending can break off during the meeting at some point to do the planning).

      As another bonus, I got a call from the Shooting Sports Director for Camp Citta last night, and he told me that our troop could partake in rifle shooting if desired. This might be a great Saturday afternoon activity.

      So, if you are a camper and have a warm bag, please consider signing up for this trip ASAP.

      Thanks,
      Mr. McIntyre