Important: Annual registration, dues & health forms due

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 25, 2012
    Troop 104,

    Our annual dues and registration paperwork are due next month.  Details follow.  We will start collecting these at tomorrow night's meeting.

    Registration Form

    We use this 2-pager to keep our records complete and current.  In it, we collect general participation permission, Scout and parent emergency contact information, and driver information (including your level of auto insurance coverage).  You might wonder why we collect the insurance information. It's simply so that we do not have to gather it during the year whenever we schedule an event.  Our BSA guidelines require us to file it on tour permits with council, and most of you will drive scouts to or from some event(s) during the year.  For insurance purposes, the council requires that we maintain a listing of insurance coverage for all vehicles that the boys might travel in to and from events. Note that it is provided in both DOC and PDF format for your use.

    Dues

    Our annual dues for the coming year will be $75 per scout.  If there are multiple scouts in one family, we accept $65 per scout.  Please include your dues with your registration paperwork.

    Health Forms

    All participants are required to fill out a multi-part Annual Health and Medical Form, every year.  (This year's forms bi-lingual). If your Scout attended Sabattis last summer, he submitted a form and we have it already (it is good through June); otherwise you should fill out a new one — Parts A & B — now.

    You can delay Part C, along with the physician's examination and signature for now — but it will be needed for Summer Camp.
    You do not need to fill out the 4th part (Part D) unless you happen to be planning to attend a Trek,  Philmont, Seabase, or the Bechtel Summit over the next year.

    Checklist:

    __________                 Registration Form (2 pager including driver information)

    __________                 Registration Fee

    __________                 Medical Form (parts A&B)

    Bill Sherman
    Troop 104
    T-104-leaders@yahoogroups.com

    Message 2 of 2 , Jan 21, 2013
    Parents of Scouts in Troop 104,

    9 weeks ago we sent around the attached message, indicating that yearly dues and paperwork were due.  The Troop was supposed to have received all renewals in time to submit our annual rechartering in December. We had to chase some down by phone to validate their intent to renew, but a lot of the paperwork did not get in on time. I understand that between the hurricane and the holiday season, the time went by quickly, but it is inexcusable to still have many, many still outstanding towards the end of January.

    Needless to say, the adult volunteers that have been keeping the books, checking the lists weekly and reminding scouts and parents weekly had a lot more important things they COULD have been doing than maintaining this list for so many weeks (such as working directly with the Scouts on program).  Remember that we are all volunteers.

    I would like ALL of the paperwork that is outstanding to be turned in this evening.  If anyone has special circumstances, please call me directly (908-432-3536) and we will work something out.  Troop 104 is dedicated to making Scouting available to all.

    Scoutmaster, Troop 104
    T-104-leaders@yahoogroups.com