No Boy Scout Meeting tomorrow (11/5)

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2012
      Scouts & Scouters,

      I hope you are all well -- please contact any of us if there is anything we can do.

      Some of you have power, and some do not. As of Sunday evening, All-Saints does not have power, there are still some impassable roads, and SPF school is cancelled for Monday.

      I am afraid that we will also have to cancel our Monday night meeting. We have to prioritize keeping everyone safe.

      With that being said, and within the confines of that "safety first" guideline, I would urge you all to remember that you are scouts, and we serve. If there are people in your neighborhood that you can assist safely, please consider doing so. Everyone has a different set of circumstances and there may be people right nearby that could use your assistance (e.g removing tree debris). If not, please consider finding a way to donate food, warm clothing, hand warmers, diapers and wipes, blankets, sleeping bags -- things that people worse off than you might be able to use.

      I am sure that we can find agencies that are collecting these items for families that are displaced from their homes. Feel free to use this mailing list to share your ideas.

      Be well, and we will see you soon.

      Mr. Sherman
      Troop 104
      T-104-leaders@yahoogroups.com