Fwd: This weekends Camporee!

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2012
    Scout and Adults,

    A few reminders about this weekend's camporee:

    1) We are convening at the Church at 4:30 on Friday.  We plan to depart at 5:00.  Please make every effort to adjust your work schedule around this.  Remember, the adult volunteers in the troop do this every month, and many of us work a lot farther away...  ;-)   We are counting on every seat belt in every car, so we cannot really "recover easily" if people get held up (and we wait for every scout to be in a seat belt to depart)

    2) Bring warm gear (layers), rain gear, and consider a folding chair since we are in a field, not the woods -- so seating options are slim-to-none.

    3) Thanks to Bob Okell and Noel Downey for stepping up as adult "patrol leaders" and taking responsibility for adult food.

    4) As our quartermaster suggested in an earlier message, we are PACKING THE TRAILER Thursday night at 7.  We don't need everybody, but we could definitely use about half of the scouts.  Please coordinate with your patrol leaders and see if you can get half of the guys in each patrol there.  With a lot of hands, it will be done in 45 minutes.

    5) Attached is the latest email with the final Camporee Guide (sorry that it is the 4th time) -- the schedule has been updated.

    6) If you haven't been camping with us before, check out the suggested gear at http://home.comcast.net/~troop104sp/site/?/page/Camping/

    Bill Sherman
    Troop 104