Catapult Camporee Information

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2012
    You've all heard about the catapult camporee that will be held in a few weeks.

    For those of you who have not sent your son to a camporee before — it is a multi-troop campout, held in a parade field at the Round Valley Youth center.  We always have a theme — sometimes it is building and firing catapults, sometimes it is Olympics, sometimes something else.  The theme is a focus for Saturday afternoon events, but in most ways it is a regular campout.

    We're going to dedicate the focus of the next two meetings to knots, lashing, and skills that will help the scouts prepare to build CATAPULTS for the camporee.  We did this several years ago, and the scouts loved them.  Attached is the full guide that we have discussing the camporee.  Please share it with your scouts — there are several good design ideas but they are only a starting point.

    Mr. Sherman