Scouting events this Weekend -- Lions' Club Pancakes and Pack 98 Crossover

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2012
      We have two scouting opportunities this Sunday:

      First, on Sunday morning, the Scotch Plains Lions Club is holding their
      semi-annual Pancake Breakfast, and Troop 104 scouts are the waiters and
      busboys. We do this for them the last Sunday in October and the first
      in March -- and have for several years. It's a great and fun
      opportunity for community service (the patrons are very friendly to us,
      so it's easy). It is also good to support the Lions, who have been very
      good to us over the years (e.g. they donated us our "gear garage").
      Scouts are needed for one or both shifts (8:00am-10:00 and/or
      10:00-12:00). Please send me email with the shift that you think you'll
      work.

      Second, Pack 98 (the last of the Scotch Plains Packs) is having its
      bridging ceremony at their Blue and Gold Sunday evening. We typically
      have a couple of leaders and a couple of Scouts welcome the cubs into
      Boy Scouts. Since Pack 98 is so large, the Blue and Gold is being held
      at the Gran Centurions, Madison Hill Road in Clark. The dinner is from
      5-9, but I suspect the bridging ceremony will be at approximately
      7:30/8:00. If I could get a couple of scouts (senior scouts or pack 98
      graduates) to help represent us at around 7:30, that would be great.
      Please send me email if you are interested.

      Both of these opportunities are Class A events (wear your brown shirt
      and a kerchief if you have one).

      Bill Sherman
      Scoutmaster, Troop 104
      bgsherman@... (do not send RSVP's to T-104@yahoogroups.com, since
      everyone in the troop receives those...)
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2012

        The Lions’ Club Pancake Breakfast is tomorrow morning, and here’s how we’re doing for volunteers:

        8:00am-10:00

                    Carver, Fisher, Holloway, Kaiser(S), O’Brien, Okell, Scacifero, Thal, Venicks(2)

        10:00-12:00

                    Carver, Joshua, Kaiser(S), Okell, Poladian, Rhein, Verardi

        Let me know if I missed anyone who RSVP’d.  At this point, we could use a couple more for the early shift, and several more for the later shift.  Class A uniforms, please.  For those of you who have never been to a Lions’ Club Pancake Breakfast before, they hold them at the Scotch Hills Country Club, on Jerusalem Road at the corner of Plainfield (the extension of Westfield ).  Location:  http://maps.google.com/maps?ix=seb&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=0,0,7373218528988790288&fb=1&hq=scotch+hills+country+club&hnear=0x89c3b940906998ff:0x23a2b46173819fb0,Green+Brook,+NJ&gl=us&daddr=820+Jerusalem+Road,+Scotch+Plains,+NJ+07076&geocode=0,40.656383,-74.372832&sa=X&ei=cm1ST-efFJG20AGdhb3jBA&ved=0CAoQngIwAw

        Invite your families to come by and support the Lions (working Scouts will eat for free at the start of their shifts).

        I also have 4 Scouts supporting the Pack 98 crossover on Sunday night (Thal, McIntyre, Holloway, and Poladian), so we should be set for that event.

        Bill Sherman

        Troop 104